Our Collection, Use, and Sharing of Personal Information
We may collect certain information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a consumer or household (“Personal Information”). Personal Information does not include de-identified or aggregated consumer information. Please see the following disclosure regarding what Personal Information we may collect, use, and share based on your use of our Services and the consent(s) you have provided to us:
In addition, where consistent with appropriate laws and regulations, we may disclose Personal Information if such disclosure is necessary to:
- prepare, negotiate or perform a contract with you;
- respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process or otherwise required by law or the competent governmental or judicial authorities;
- establish or preserve a legal claim or defense;
- evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, acquisition, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us is among the assets transferred; or
- prevent fraud or other illegal activities, such as willful attacks on our information technology systems.
Sharing Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
Sales of Personal Information
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Company had not sold personal information.
Third Party Services and Links
Children Under the Age of 16
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from individuals under the age of 16. Our website and Services are not intended for anyone under the age of 16, and no one under the age of 16 may provide Personal Information to us.
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect your Personal Information. While no company can guarantee your Personal Information will not be accessible by unauthorized individuals, we use controls in an attempt to mitigate such risks in today’s online environment.
Choices and Access
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Your choices regarding our use and disclosure of Personal Information
We give you certain choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information for promotional purposes. You may opt-out from receiving electronic communications from us by contacting us at email@example.com. If you no longer want to receive promotional-related emails from us, you may opt-out according to instructions in such communications. Please note that if you opt-out of receiving marketing-related messages, we may still send you important administrative messages.
- We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
However, we may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to your personal information’s value and contain written terms that describe the program’s material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt in consent, which you may revoke at any time.
Other California Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at: 777 S. Alameda St. 2nd Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90021, Attention: Privacy.
We retain Personal Information for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was obtained and consistent with applicable law. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your Personal Information, the purposes for which we process your Personal Information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Effective Date: September 1, 2020