Is it summer yet? Not quite, but it can be summer any time of year with a few easy DIY decorations and promotions.
Studies have shown that the sunshine and bright colors of summer have a positive effect on mood. It’s pretty obvious why. If being at your business gives your customers a boost of happiness, they’re more likely to spend more time there. The summer effect will also spread some happy vibes to your team, especially if you make your “summerizing” efforts a team building activity.
DIY Summer Decorations
It’s all about bright colors. Here are some ideas for decorations to bring the summer indoors.
- Colorful flags like pennants or picado banners bring a bright, festive mood whether your business is a brick-and-mortar establishment, on wheels, or a pop-up shop.
- Paper flowers are customizable, so you can incorporate your brand colors into some of the petals. Making them is also a great activity for team building.
- Vases or large mason jars full of sand and seashells bring the beach inside.
- Replace some seating with beach chairs and put umbrellas in out-of-the-way corners.
- Use window paint to add some bright summer imagery inside and outside.
Spread summer with some personalized, branded promotional items.
- Beach towels and totes
- Water bottles
Incorporate these items in your decorations, too, so customers can see and ask about them. And make sure to post photos of your new decor on social media!